RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday, January 24, 2024 1:11 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are random comments on slotsyncworker.c (v66):

Thanks for the comments:

> ---
> +               elog(ERROR,
> +                    "cannot synchronize local slot \"%s\" LSN(%X/%X)"
> +                    " to remote slot's LSN(%X/%X) as synchronization"
> +                    " would move it backwards", remote_slot->name,
>
> Many error messages in slotsync.c are splitted into several lines, but I think it
> would reduce the greppability when the user looks for the error message in the
> source code.

Thanks for the suggestion! we combined most of the messages in the new version
patch. Although some messages including the above one were kept splitted,
because It's too long(> 120 col including the indent) to fit into the screen,
so I feel it's better to keep these messages splitted.

Best Regards,
Hou zj