RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby

От Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby  (Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Saturday, February 10, 2024 9:10 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 5:31 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Feb 9, 2024 at 4:08 PM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
> > <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Another alternative is to register the callback when calling
> > > slotsync functions and unregister it after the function call. And
> > > register the callback in
> > > slotsyncworkmain() for the slotsync worker patch, although this may
> > > adds a few more codes.
> >
> > Another idea is that SyncReplicationSlots() calls synchronize_slots()
> > in PG_ENSURE_ERROR_CLEANUP() block instead of PG_TRY(), to make sure
> > to clear the flag in case of ERROR or FATAL. And the slotsync worker
> > uses the before_shmem_callback to clear the flag.
> >

> +1. This sounds like a better way to clear the flag.

Agreed. Here is the V84 patch which addressed this.

Apart from above, I removed the txn start/end codes from 0001 as they are used
in the slotsync worker patch. And I also ran pgindent and pgperltidy for the
patch.

Best Regards,
Hou zj

Вложения