Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Hope for a new PostgreSQL era?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

> Some of the features currently under development right now will make
> this sort of thing easier to build into the core database.  For
> example, the recent "Command Triggers" feature submission will make
> it easier to catch DDL changes as well as queries for this sort of thing.
Thank you for all the responses. I am a long-time Oracle guy who loves trying PostgreSQL because it is looks like a great database. I try it out on my pc, and have no production experience with PostgrSQL. We recently tried moving our product (using Oracle) with more than 100 GB data to PostgreSQL and conducted performance testing. It did an outstanding job!

But I miss all those user-friendly trouble-shooting utilities (like Automatic Workload Repository,Active Session History etc etc) in PostgreSQL. Yes - some of them are there, but one has to search,download, configure etc. I hope many of these features will become part of the 'core' soon.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication. IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

От: Scot Kreienkamp
Сообщение: Re: initdb with lc-collate=C
От: Dong Han
Сообщение: Re: WAL file accumulation on log shipping primary node