Re: Works as Administrator but FAILS as postgres user

От derry.birse@tde.alstom.com
Тема Re: Works as Administrator but FAILS as postgres user
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin

Thanks to all who replied, particularly Patrick Pliessnig who hit the nail
right on the head.

Derry Birse

"Patrick Pliessnig" <p.pliessnig@gmx.net> on 10/12/2002 10:33:19

To:    Derry BIRSE/GBRUG02/TDE/ALSTOM@GA
cc:

Subject:    Re: Works as Administrator but FAILS as postgres user

> However when I run postmaster (step 6) I get the following error. However
if I follow the
> instructions replacing the postgres user with the Administrator user
everything works.

>     IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1441792, 03600) failed:
>     Not enough core
>
>     This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
>     memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
>     To reduce the request size (currently 1441792 bytes), reduce
>     PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 64) and/or
>     its max_connections parameter (currently 32).

delete the MultiFile* files in the cygwin/tmp directory and start the
service again

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.