Re: localhost not equal at 127.0.0.1

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: localhost not equal at 127.0.0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
>   When i give  no ip address (ex : jdbc:postgresql:dbase ) or i give
> localhost (ex : jdbc:postgresql://localhost/dbase), it take the
> ip address  of the machine)

using jdbc:postgresql:dbase has always worked for me, so I think something
else is wrong. Either pg_hba.conf needs to be changed or something is
unusual about IP addresses on you computer.

What OS are you using? (There are known problems with this on MacOSX 10.1)

Is there a line in your pg_hba.conf file that is like this?:

host         all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255   trust

-NickF