Re: Why class not found?

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Why class not found?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Michael-

A common problem in moving from code executed from the command line to
servlets is that the servlets are all executed by the tomcat user (often
www-data or apache by default). This confuses people because the classpath
looks fine from the command line, but that isn't the environment your code
runs from.

To make sure that Tomcat sees the jdbc driver, either add it to the class
path in the .profile for that users, or better, place the driver (or a link
to it) in /usr/share/tomcat/lib. (I'm assuming you are on linux here.)

Hope this helps-

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/