RE: Extending to 32K row limit

От Darren King
Тема RE: Extending to 32K row limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I know that I've seen this answer before but can't seem to find it for
> 7.0.2 in the archives. Which file(s) need to be changed to have Postgres
> default to 32K size row limits rather than 8K? Has anyone run into any
> horror stories after going to 32K?

Bumping it to 32K on AIX 4.1 broke the disk drivers here, so I would say it
depends on your platform.  Going to 16K worked fine, but after the jump to
32K, some fsck'ing was required to fix up our drives.

The problem was definitely in AIX since many other platforms have reported
no problems with the 32K setting.  If another use has bumped it up
successfully for the same platform as yours, then I'd feel confident in
doing it.  If you don't get a reply to that effect or can't find it in the
archives that someone has done it, I'd recommend putting it to 32K on a test
machine first.

Just my $.02 worth after trying it on AIX 4.1.

Darren