Re: [NOVICE] Trouble with IN operator

От Chris Campbell
Тема Re: [NOVICE] Trouble with IN operator
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Empty String or Null?

Try:  trim(Coalesce(tbl.costcenter,’’)) IN …

Chris Campbell | Software Architect

C A S C A D E   D A T A  S O L U T I O N S

(800) 280-2090

www.cascadeds.com

From: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Roberts
Sent: Friday, February 3, 2017 10:08 AM
To: PSql novice list <pgsql-novice@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Trouble with IN operator

This is a vendor's database and we don't have control over it, nor do we have direct access to the Postgresql table layouts. We are given a spreadsheet to show us what the data types are.

As for the data, sometimes tbl.costcenter can be blank on some records. Surely that wouldn't interfere with the IN operator?

Chuck

Thanks!

Chuck Roberts

Gilson Graphics | Composition Dept.