Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS

От soumitra bhandary
Тема Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS
Дата
Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS  (Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com>)
Re: Installation of Postgres 10.0 and running application with HAwithout postgres user at OS  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi ,

I am using RHEL to install Postgres 10 and setting up replication . But in my OS no postgres user exists . Installed it with sudo access . Can I run the postgres DB with all it's utility (like psql, vaccumdb , pg_rewind , initdb etc.) along with Master slave replication, archival process without postgres user.

If it can be done , do I need to follow any extra step to the os user apart from postgres ?

Is there any way to skip postgres os user ?

Thanks ,
Soumitra