RE: BUG #18002: Duplicate entries of row possible even after having primary key

От Ajinkya Tankhiwale
Тема RE: BUG #18002: Duplicate entries of row possible even after having primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,

Please find below DDL for one of the table

CREATE SEQUENCE IF NOT EXISTS seq_ao_id
    CYCLE
    INCREMENT 1
    START 1
    MINVALUE 1
    MAXVALUE 999999999999999999
    CACHE 1;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS offer
(
    action_id bigint NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('trade.seq_ao_id'::regclass),
    action_type character varying COLLATE pg_catalog."default" NOT NULL,
    buy_sell_indicator character varying COLLATE pg_catalog."default" NOT NULL,
    creation_date_time timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
    modification_date_time timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
    CONSTRAINT pk_ado PRIMARY KEY (action_id)
);

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS idx_ado_active_action_id
    ON offer USING btree
    (action_id ASC NULLS LAST)
    TABLESPACE pg_default;

CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS idx_ao_modify_create_date_time
    ON offer USING btree
    (modification_date_time DESC NULLS FIRST, creation_date_time DESC NULLS FIRST)
    TABLESPACE pg_default;

Interesting point here is, if I create new table then constraint violation is thrown, on old table I could enter
duplicaterecords.
Also, we migrated from el7 to el8.

Regards,
Ajinkya