Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sep 17, 2023, at 18:09, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> I think this is useful, but also that it’s worth calling out explicitly that functions do not count as indexable
operators.True by definition, of course, but I at least had assumed that since an operator is, in a sense, syntax sugar
fora function call, they are in some sense the same thing.

> A header might be useful, something like “What Counts as an indexable expression”.

Hey Tom, are you still thinking about adding this bit to the docs? I took a quick look at master and didn’t see it
there.

Thanks,

David

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: How to get started with contribution
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: GIN-Indexable JSON Patterns