Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles

От Pramod Ahire
Тема Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Thank you for comments ! I had described points below. Please do let me know if anything missing.

From: Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
Date: Thursday, 14 January 2021 at 10:26 PM
To: Pramod Ahire <pramod.ahire@enterprisedb.com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles

Hi

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:48 PM Pramod Ahire <pramod.ahire@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi Team,

Please find the attached designs & patch that contains complete functionality except below to do for quick search.

To Do:

  • Unit test cases are not that sufficient to cover complete code, but will be working in background to cover up those one
  • In pgadmin, for disabled menu items we need to add info that will describe why menu has disabled & how it will be enabled. Either another way to enable all of them & show respective reason in popup that menu is disabled for.

Please do let me know if I missed anything or suggestion of yours.

Looks very good. I haven't done an extensive code review/test, but two things spring to mind immediately:

1) I think the search box should be the top item on the Help menu. I do not think it should be on the far end of the menu bar, as it looks too much like it will search for data (think of search on a website).

- As we are showing menu items as well in search results, it can be redundant for end user & increase duplications of menu items. Please advise your thoughts on this.

2) Do we need another loading icon? Surely there's one in the source tree already that we can use?

- As we are loading help articles count in background, so I have added background loading icon to show near to count of results. Our existing icon is of blue & white circle combination, which will be more useful to show foreground loading.

Please do let me know your valuable inputs on this.

Pramod Ahire

Software Engineer

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/U1erEuyI_d0xEUA0CrKjwx9aWQ52HNCxc38dMsLP-ZrLgfVNrhsrNobxlmeOdb1kMPtrrxcUwEHZgbGJC4R0qR4r1sBZa_z9R8ihFRaP2Hr_Wnhq6HcIQHe1ZoviDPwUkTdzNcg

C: +91-020-66449600/601

D: +91-9028697679

edbpostgres.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles
Сообщение: Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles