Re: [HACKERS] use SQL standard error code for nextval

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: [HACKERS] use SQL standard error code for nextval
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] use SQL standard error code for nextval  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:59 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 2/28/17 22:15, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> The SQL standard defines a separate error code for nextval exhausting
>> the sequence space.  I haven't found any discussion of this in the
>> archives, so it seems this was just not considered or not yet in
>> existence when the error codes were introduced.  Here is a patch to
>> correct it.
>
> committed

Perhaps you should add something to the release notes.  Somebody could be
testing for the old error code.

Mark Dilger

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] partial indexes and bitmap scans