Major Problems with pg_dump

От KÖPFERL Robert
Тема Major Problems with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Seems like I missed a peece of Doc somewhere.

But in my tries to save and restore my databases schema using pg_dump I got
major problems.
Please give me a tip, what's the trick.

Working all with output as SQL
1. Dumping data and schema separately works, but restoring them with psql
fails with the data because of unsatisfied constrains. Tables are filled in
the wrong order. Can the order be changed or a "SET constrains all deferred"
be included in the output?

2. Dumping schema+data types and domains are dumped in the wrong order.
Types don't get defined due to missing domains. Hmmm?

3. pg_dump writes FUNCTIONs with $$ instead of ' as frame for their body.
However postgres seems to not like that. Why, how, I dunno?

4. pg_dump writes calls to functions into the file:
SELECT pg_catalog.setval(pg_catalog.pg_get_serial_sequence('"CDRs"', 'Id'),
2, true);
however the function can't be found by postgres. Since this call seems
importand, what went wrong with postgres or template1?

Thanks,
I am using pg_dump from PgAdmi III 1.3
Postgres 8 beta
and psql from PgSQL 7.4.? from Cygwin

Сообщение: Re: Conditionally altering tables
Сообщение: Re: Conditionally altering tables