RE: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема RE: Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Well, arguably if you're setting up a database server then a reasonable DBA
should think about such things...

(My 2c)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Momjian [mailto:pgman@candle.pha.pa.us]
Sent: Friday, 4 May 2001 9:42 AM
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne
Cc: mlw; Hackers List
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: New Linux xfs/reiser file systems

> Just put a note in the installation docs that the place where the database
> is initialised to should be on a non-Reiser, non-XFS mount...

Sure, we can do that now.  What do we do when these are the default file
systems for Linux?  We can tell them to create other types of file
systems, but that is a pretty big hurdle.  I wonder if it would be
easier to get reiser/xfs to make some modifications.

-- Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
Pennsylvania19026