Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Oct 25, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Il 25/10/12 14:31, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
>> It's not helpful if the exceptions make our numbers look smaller than MySQL's ...
> I have no idea about the numbers we already have, so I don't know if that's below MySQL.
>
> But I would simply take them for what they are: download hits from the PostgreSQL community website. If we are afraid
ofthe absolute numbers, I think it is important also to monitor the trend.

> I would not mind - if possible - an automated process that every day aggregates this data based (just making it up)
onUTC. Then publish this data on the website somewhere.

> I volunteer to help with this process, if it does not exist yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Gabriele

+1.  Particularly to look at the trends and see where we are increasing/decreasing on downloads.  We can also try to
identifyany correlation with other marketing efforts and see, for instance, if press coverage or other mentions are in
factdriving more downloads.

Jonathan

От: Gabriele Bartolini
Сообщение: Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?
От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: Rough estimate of number of downloads per year/month/day?