TEXT columns should indentify as java.sql.Types.CLOB

От Toni Helenius
Тема TEXT columns should indentify as java.sql.Types.CLOB
Дата
Re: TEXT columns should indentify as java.sql.Types.CLOB
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I'm using Postgres 8.3.11 database and the latest JDBC driver 8.4 Build 701 (JDBC 4) + Java 6. In our databases there
areTEXT type columns. However if I make a query to identify these fields in Java, the field DATA TYPE is VARCHAR and
thelength is 2147483647. Type name is correct; "TEXT". But as we need database independent code, we are using DATA TYPE
asI presume is correct. And I think these TEXT fields should return java.sql.Types.CLOB as DATA TYPE instead of
VARCHAR.

Here is some code:

Connection fromConn;
DatabaseMetaData metaFrom;
String userFrom;

fromConn = from.getConnection();
metaFrom = fromConn.getMetaData();
userFrom = ((PooledConnection)from).getTableOwner();

ResultSet cols = metaFrom.getColumns(null, userFrom, code, null);
while (cols.next()) {
    cols.getShort("DATA_TYPE");
    cols.getString("TYPE_NAME");
    }