[MASSMAIL]pgsql: Add XLogCtl->logInsertResult

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема [MASSMAIL]pgsql: Add XLogCtl->logInsertResult
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Add XLogCtl->logInsertResult

This tracks the position of WAL that's been fully copied into WAL
buffers by all processes emitting WAL.  (For some reason we call that
"WAL insertion").  This is updated using atomic monotonic advance during
WaitXLogInsertionsToFinish, which is not when the insertions actually
occur, but it's the only place where we know where have all the
insertions have completed.

This value is useful in WALReadFromBuffers, which can verify that
callers don't try to read past what has been inserted.  (However, more
infrastructure is needed in order to actually use WAL after the flush
point, since it could be lost.)

The value is also useful in WaitXLogInsertionsToFinish() itself, since
we can now exit quickly when all WAL has been already inserted, without
even having to take any locks.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f3ff7bf83bce11709add9a6d31d4bebe95e086e3

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c | 40 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
src/include/port/atomics.h        | 36 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++