pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

От Robert Haas
Тема pgsql: Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Temporary patch to help debug pg_walsummary test failures.

The tests in 002_blocks.pl are failing in the buildfarm from time to
time, but we don't know how to reproduce the failure elsewhere. The
most obvious explanation seems to be the unexpected disappearance of a
WAL summary file, so bump up the logging level in
RemoveWalSummaryIfOlderThan to try to help us spot such problems, and
print the cutoff time in addition to the removed filename. Also
adjust 002_blocks.pl to dump out a directory listing of the relevant
directory at various points.

This patch should be reverted once we sort out what's happening here.

Patch by me, reviewed by Nathan Bossart, who also reported the issue.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/20240124170846.GA2643050@nathanxps13

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5ddf9973477729cf161b4ad0a1efd52f4fea9c88

Modified Files
src/backend/backup/walsummary.c       |  7 +++++++
src/bin/pg_walsummary/t/002_blocks.pl | 14 ++++++++++++++
2 files changed, 21 insertions(+)