pgsql: Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pgsql: Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Call pqPipelineFlush from PQsendFlushRequest

When PQsendFlushRequest() was added by commit 69cf1d5429d4, we argued
against adding a PQflush() call in it[1].  This is still the right
decision: if the user wants a flush to occur, they can just call that.
However, we failed to realize that the message bytes could still be
given to the kernel for transmitting when this can be made without
blocking.  That's what pqPipelineFlush() does, and it is done for every
single other message type sent by libpq, so do that.

(When the socket is in blocking mode this may indeed block, but that's
what all the other libpq message-sending routines do, too.)

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/202106252352.5ca4byasfun5%40alvherre.pgsql

Author: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl>
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAGECzQTxZRevRWkKodE-SnJk1Yfm4eKT+8E4Cyq3MJ9YKTnNew@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0e28091d5507bd63d5ad51e9795dd368aa4c7c4c

Modified Files
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c | 8 ++++++++
1 file changed, 8 insertions(+)