pgsql: Improve JsonLexContext's freeability

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pgsql: Improve JsonLexContext's freeability
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Improve JsonLexContext's freeability

Previously, the JSON code didn't have to worry too much about freeing
JsonLexContext, because it was never too long-lived.  With new features
being added for SQL/JSON this is no longer the case.  Add a routine
that knows how to free this struct and apply that to a few places, to
prevent this from becoming problematic.

At the same time, we change the API of makeJsonLexContextCstringLen to
make it receive a pointer to JsonLexContext for callers that want it to
be stack-allocated; it can also be passed as NULL to get the original
behavior of a palloc'ed one.

This also causes an ABI break due to the addition of flags to
JsonLexContext, so we can't easily backpatch it.  AFAICS that's not much
of a problem; apparently some leaks might exist in JSON usage of
text-search, for example via json_to_tsvector, but I haven't seen any
complaints about that.

Per Coverity complaint about datum_to_jsonb_internal().

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20230808174110.oq3iymllsv6amkih@alvherre.pgsql

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1c99cde2f3440c59f582d45b251412c9a9b54f62

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/adt/json.c             |  39 ++++++-----
src/backend/utils/adt/jsonb.c            |  13 ++--
src/backend/utils/adt/jsonfuncs.c        | 107 ++++++++++++++++---------------
src/bin/pg_verifybackup/parse_manifest.c |   4 +-
src/common/jsonapi.c                     |  46 +++++++++++--
src/include/common/jsonapi.h             |  26 ++++++--
src/include/utils/jsonfuncs.h            |   4 +-