pgsql: Allow publications with schema and table of the same schema.

От Amit Kapila
Тема pgsql: Allow publications with schema and table of the same schema.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Allow publications with schema and table of the same schema.

We previously thought that allowing such cases can confuse users when they
specify DROP TABLES IN SCHEMA but that doesn't seem to be the case based
on discussion. This helps to uplift the restriction during
ALTER TABLE ... SET SCHEMA which used to ensure that we couldn't end up
with a publication having both a schema and the same schema's table.

To allow this, we need to forbid having any schema on a publication if
column lists on a table are specified (and vice versa). This is because
otherwise we still need a restriction during ALTER TABLE ... SET SCHEMA to
forbid cases where it could lead to a publication having both a schema and
the same schema's table with column list.

Based on suggestions by Peter Eisentraut.