pgsql: Adjust XML test case to avoid unstable behavior.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Adjust XML test case to avoid unstable behavior.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Adjust XML test case to avoid unstable behavior.

Buildfarm member bowerbird is (inconsistently) showing different
results for this test case since we enabled ASLR for MSVC builds.
It's not very clear whether that's a bug in its version of libxml2
or the test case is relying on nominally-undefined behavior, ie the
ordering of results from XPath's node().  It seems quite unlikely
that it's *our* bug though, and what's more, using node() adds
nothing to the test coverage so far as our code is concerned.
So, tweak the test to not use node().

For the moment, only change HEAD because we've only seen the
problem there.  Perhaps a case will emerge for back-patching.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/2655387.1661695793@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4ea07e7cf3c6b5ff7a7059c223fa54241533b0a5

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/xml.out   | 4 ++--
src/test/regress/expected/xml_1.out | 2 +-
src/test/regress/expected/xml_2.out | 4 ++--
src/test/regress/sql/xml.sql        | 2 +-