pgsql: Fix thinko in PQisBusy().

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Fix thinko in PQisBusy().
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Fix thinko in PQisBusy().

In commit 1f39a1c06 I made PQisBusy consider conn->write_failed, but
that is now looking like complete brain fade.  In the first place, the
logic is quite wrong: it ought to be like "and not" rather than "or".
This meant that once we'd gotten into a write_failed state, PQisBusy
would always return true, probably causing the calling application to
iterate its loop until PQconsumeInput returns a hard failure thanks
to connection loss.  That's not what we want: the intended behavior
is to return an error PGresult, which the application probably has
much cleaner support for.

But in the second place, checking write_failed here seems like the
wrong thing anyway.  The idea of the write_failed mechanism is to
postpone handling of a write failure until we've read all we can from
the server; so that flag should not interfere with input-processing
behavior.  (Compare 7247e243a.)  What we *should* check for is
status = CONNECTION_BAD, ie, socket already closed.  (Most places that
close the socket don't touch asyncStatus, but they do reset status.)
This primarily ensures that if PQisBusy() returns true then there is
an open socket, which is assumed by several call sites in our own
code, and probably other applications too.

While at it, fix a nearby thinko in libpq's my_sock_write: we should
only consult errno for res < 0, not res == 0.  This is harmless since
pqsecure_raw_write would force errno to zero in such a case, but it
still could confuse readers.

Noted by Andres Freund.  Backpatch to v12 where 1f39a1c06 came in.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20220211011025.ek7exh6owpzjyudn@alap3.anarazel.de

Branch
------
REL_12_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c9d35dc7f8a91ff494b67041e352a227e3126645

Modified Files
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c           | 10 +++++++---
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-secure-openssl.c |  2 +-