pgsql: Doc: clarify behavior of PQconnectdbParams().

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Doc: clarify behavior of PQconnectdbParams().
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Doc: clarify behavior of PQconnectdbParams().

The documentation omitted the critical tidbit that a keyword-array entry
is simply ignored if its corresponding value-array entry is NULL or an
empty string; it will *not* override any previously-obtained value for
the parameter.  (See conninfo_array_parse().)  I'd supposed that would
force the setting back to default, which is what led me into bug #16746;
but it doesn't.

While here, I couldn't resist the temptation to do some copy-editing,
both in the description of PQconnectdbParams() and in the section
about connection URI syntax.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/931505.1606618746@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------