pgsql: Improve test coverage for multi-column MCV lists

От Tomas Vondra
Тема pgsql: Improve test coverage for multi-column MCV lists
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Improve test coverage for multi-column MCV lists

The regression tests for extended statistics were not testing a couple
of important cases for the MCV lists:

  * IS NOT NULL clauses - We did have queries with IS NULL clauses, but
    not the negative case.

  * clauses with variable on the right - All the clauses had the Var on
    the left, i.e. (Var op Const), so this adds (Const op Var) too.

  * columns with fixed-length types passed by reference - All columns
    were using either by-value or varlena types, so add a test with
    UUID columns too. This matters for (de)serialization.

  * NULL-only dimension - When one of the columns contains only NULL
    values, we treat it a a special case during (de)serialization.

  * arrays containing NULL - When the constant parameter contains NULL
    value, we need to handle it correctly during estimation, for all
    IN, ANY and ALL clauses.

Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20200113230008.g67iyk4cs3xbnjju@development
Author: Tomas Vondra

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d8cfa82d51f812f886d06bdc7bb73470e55d74b7

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/stats_ext.out | 237 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
src/test/regress/sql/stats_ext.sql      | 102 +++++++++++++-