pgsql: Insert temporary debugging output in regression tests.

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql: Insert temporary debugging output in regression tests.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Insert temporary debugging output in regression tests.

We're seeing occasional instability in the plans generated for
parallel queries on the "a_star" table hierarchy.  This suggests
that something is changing the planner's stats for those tables,
but that should not be happening within a regression test run.
To try to gather some information about what's happening, insert
additional queries to check the basic page/tuple counts for these
tables, as well as whether any vacuums or analyzes have happened
on them.  (We expect that only the database-wide VACUUM in
sanity_check.sql will have touched them.)

I added the probes not only in select_parallel.sql itself, but
also in stats.sql, bearing in mind that the stats collector's
lag may prevent the initial query from reporting current truth.
If any extra vacuum/analyze has happened, the recheck in stats.sql
definitely ought to see it.

This commit can be reverted once we figure out what's going on.

Per suggestion from David Rowley, though I changed the queries around.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CA+hUKG+0CxrKRWRMf5ymN3gm+BECHna2B-q1w8onKBep4HasUw@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f03a9ca4366d064d89b7cf7ed75d4e43f2ed0667

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/select_parallel.out | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/expected/stats.out           | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/select_parallel.sql      |  8 ++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/stats.sql                |  8 ++++++++
4 files changed, 70 insertions(+)