pgsql: Check that we've reached end-of-backup also when we're not perfo

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема pgsql: Check that we've reached end-of-backup also when we're not perfo
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Check that we've reached end-of-backup also when we're not performing
archive recovery.

It's possible to restore an online backup without recovery.conf, by simply
copying all the necessary WAL files to pg_xlog. "pg_basebackup -x" does that
too. That's the use case where this cross-check is useful.

Backpatch to 9.0. We used to do this in earlier versins, but in 9.0 the code
was inadvertently changed so that the check is only performed after archive
recovery.

Fujii Masao.

Branch
------