Re: IDPUG Registration on PostgreSQL Website

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: IDPUG Registration on PostgreSQL Website
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi Lucky,

On Dec 29, 2017, at 8:17 PM, Lucky Haryadi <lucky@equnix.asia> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 3:39 AM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
Hi Lucky,

On Dec 28, 2017, at 11:34 PM, Lucky Haryadi <lucky@equnix.asia> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to inform that Indonesia has already had a PostgreSQL User Group, called IDPUG.
We already have 4 community events, held since 2016, as you can see on our Meetup website

Most of people in IDPUG are enterprises users, implementors, students, and developers who use PostgreSQL in Indonesia.
We want to register IDPUG to postgresql.org website for Local User Group.
Please tell us if there are some requirements to be fulfilled to register the user group.

That is exciting news! I have added IDPUG to the user groups [https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/] page.

Thank you for attaching IDPUG on the website :)
And we would like to update the website link to be directed to www.postgresql.or.id.

I looked at this page and it looks more like a sales portal than a user group community page.  While it does contain some compelling facts about PostgreSQL and has some very good reasons to use it, there are a few things that do not appear to adhere to the spirit of the community:

* It is unclear that this is a site for IDPUG - IDPUG is not even mentioned until the footer of the page, which takes awhile to scroll to
* There is very strong marketing copy at the bottom soliciting user info to connect to a sales team, i.e. “Get a quotation”

I’m happy for someone to chime in and disagree with me, but I would not feel comfortable linking to this website from .org

Best,

Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: IDPUG Registration on PostgreSQL Website
Сообщение: Re: IDPUG Registration on PostgreSQL Website