Re: performance on new linux box

От Ben Chobot
Тема Re: performance on new linux box
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:37 PM, Ryan Wexler wrote:

> One thing I don't understand is why BBU will result in a huge performance gain.  I thought BBU was all about power
failures?

When you have a working BBU, the raid card can safely do write caching. Without it, many raid cards are good about
turningoff write caching on the disks and refusing to do it themselves. (Safety over performance.)

Сообщение: Re: performance on new linux box
Сообщение: Re: performance on new linux box