Re: application for postgres Log

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: application for postgres Log
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Arvind Singh wrote:
> I am in a project that uses PostGresSql v9.0. We are developing an
application in CSharp to parse the
> PG server activity log installed on Windows 2003/XP or higher.
>
> Our application will :
> Scan the Log for a given search text and Post rows found
> Produce statistics related to SQL queries tracked in a time frame
> Will allow selection of log columns, that can be displayed in a
DataGrid

> I need some help or even a simple link that is related to this
subject. I am already checking Goog
> query of Postgres Log, though it gives mostly results for the postgres
Documentation.

Maybe pgreplay can give you some inspiration:
http://pgreplay.projects.postgresql.org/

Check out parse.c which parses a log file.

One bit of advice I'd like to give you is a recommendation
to use the CSV log format.  The regular error log is much
harder to parse, and moreover everything that gets printed
to stderr by the server will end up there.  This could be
dumps when the server runs out of memory or stuff that loaded
modules produce.  All this will screw up your log file
parsing.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe