Re: make dist using git archive

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: make dist using git archive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
3 comments left that are inconsequential. Feel free to ignore.

> +# Meson has its own distribution building command (meson dist), but we
> +# are not using that at this point.  The main problem is that the way
> +# they have implemented it, it is not deterministic.  Also, we want it
> +# to be equivalent to the "make" version for the time being.  But the
> +# target name "dist" in meson is reserved for that reason, so we call
> +# the custom target "pgdist".

The second sentence is a run-on.

> +if bzip2.found()
> +  tar_bz2 = custom_target('tar.bz2',
> +    build_always_stale: true,
> +    command: [git, '-C', '@SOURCE_ROOT@',
> +              '-c', 'core.autocrlf=false',
> +              '-c', 'tar.tar.bz2.command="' + bzip2.path() + '" -c',
> +              'archive',
> +              '--format', 'tar.bz2',
> +              '--prefix', distdir + '/',
> +              '-o', join_paths(meson.build_root(), '@OUTPUT@'),
> +              'HEAD', '.'],
> +    install: false,
> +    output: distdir + '.tar.bz2',
> +  )

You might find Meson's string formatting syntax creates a more readable
command string:

'tar.tar.bz2.command=@0@ -c'.format(bzip2.path())

And then 'install: false' is the default if you feel like leaving it
out.

Otherwise, let's get this in!

--
Tristan Partin