Re: Clean up some signal usage mainly related to Windows

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: Clean up some signal usage mainly related to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed Jul 12, 2023 at 9:35 AM CDT, Tristan Partin wrote:
> On Wed Jul 12, 2023 at 9:31 AM CDT, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On 12.07.23 16:23, Tristan Partin wrote:
> > > It has come to my attention that STDOUT_FILENO might not be portable and
> > > fileno(3) isn't marked as signal-safe, so I have just used the raw 1 for
> > > stdout, which as far as I know is portable.
> >
> > We do use STDOUT_FILENO elsewhere in the code, and there are even
> > workaround definitions for Windows, so it appears it is meant to be used.
>
> v3 is back to the original patch with newline being printed. Thanks.

Peter, did you have anything more to say about patch 1 in this series?
Thinking about patch 2 more, not sure it should be considered until
I setup a Windows VM to do some testing, or unless some benevolent
Windows user wants to look at it and test it.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)