Re: [RFC] Clang plugin for catching suspicious typedef casting

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: [RFC] Clang plugin for catching suspicious typedef casting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri Aug 4, 2023 at 5:47 AM CDT, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 12:23:52PM -0500, Tristan Partin wrote:
> >
> > This is the first I am learning about clang plugins. Interesting concept.
> > Did you give any thought to using libclang instead of a compiler plugin? I
> > am kind of doing similar work, but I went with libclang instead of a plugin.
>
> Nope, never thought about trying libclang. From the clang documentation
> it seems a plugin is a suitable interface if one wants to:
>
>     special lint-style warnings or errors for your project
>
> Which is what I was trying to achieve. Are there any advantages of
> libclang that you see?

Only advantage I see to using libclang is that you can run programs
built with libclang regardless of what your C compiler is. I typically
use GCC.

I think your idea of automating this kind of thing is great no matter
how it is implemented.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)