Re: BUG #17946: LC_MONETARY & DO LANGUAGE plperl - BUG

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: BUG #17946: LC_MONETARY & DO LANGUAGE plperl - BUG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon Jul 3, 2023 at 9:42 AM CDT, Tristan Partin wrote:
> Thanks for your patience. Attached is a patch that should cover all the
> problematic use cases of setlocale(). There are some setlocale() calls in
> tests, initdb, and ecpg left. I plan to get to ecpglib before the final
> version of this patch after I abstract over Windows not having
> uselocale(). I think leaving initdb and tests as is would be fine, but I
> am also happy to just permanently purge setlocale() from the codebase
> if people see value in that. We could also poison[0] setlocale() at that
> point.
>
> [0]: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/cpp/Pragmas.html

Here is a v2 with best effort Windows support. My patch currently
assumes that you either have uselocale() or are Windows. I dropped the
environment variable hacks, but could bring them back if we didn't like
this requirement.

I tried to add an email[0] to discuss this with hackers, but failed to add
the CC. Let's discuss here instead given my complete inability to manage
mailing lists :).

[0]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CTUJ604ZWHI1.3PFZK152XCWLX%40gonk

--
Tristan Partin