Re: Meson build updates

От Tristan Partin
Тема Re: Meson build updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon Jun 12, 2023 at 4:43 PM CDT, Tristan Partin wrote:
> On Mon Jun 12, 2023 at 4:24 PM CDT, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On 12.06.23 20:48, Tristan Partin wrote:
> > > Attached you will find a v3 with the offending commits removed. I did
> > > leave the overrides in since you didn't mention it in your last email.
> >
> > Patches 1-14 look ok to me.  (But I didn't test anything, so some
> > caveats about whether the non-cosmetic patches actually work apply.)  If
> > we're fine-tuning the capitalization the options descriptions, let's
> > also turn "tap tests" into "TAP tests" and "TCL" into "Tcl".
>
> I'll get to that.

Done.

> > Patch 15 about the wrap integration, I'm not sure.  I share the concerns
> > about whether this is worth maintaining.  Maybe put this patch into the
> > commitfest separately, to allow for further study and testing.  (The
> > other patches, if they are acceptable, ought to go into PG16, I think.)
>
> Ok. I will split it off for further discussion. Expect a v4 tomorrow
> with a few extra changes with regard to another review from a Meson
> maintainer.

Attached. I did have an idea to help with repetitive build descriptions
in:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CTBSCT2V1TVP.2AUJVJLNWQVG3%40gonk.
I kind of want to see Andres' response, before this gets merged. But
that could also be a follow on commit if he likes the idea. I'll leave
it up to you to decide.

--
Tristan Partin
Neon (https://neon.tech)