RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+

От Maiquel Grassi
Тема RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>Hi Nathan
>
>On 09.02.24 03:41, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>
>> Separately, does
>> the server version really belong here?  I'm not sure I would consider that
>> to be connection information.
>>
>I tend to agree with you. The info there wouldn't hurt, but perhaps the
>client version would be a better fit.

--//--

Hi!

I believe that if we include the server version, it would also be
necessary to include the version of psql. This would make it
clearer for the user. I agree that this won't make much difference
in practice, especially because we're interested in creating a setof
information directly related to the connection. I prefer to keep it
suppressed for now. In the future, if necessary, we can add this
information without any problem. In v12, "Server Version" is
already removed.

Tks!
Maiquel Grassi.