Re: BUG #18017: configure --with-ldap fails when openldap is installed

От Miriam Blume
Тема Re: BUG #18017: configure --with-ldap fails when openldap is installed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

I was able to reproduce the issue with 15.3

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>
Date: Friday, July 7, 2023 at 12:47
To: pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org <pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org>
Cc: Miriam Blume <miriam.blume@prudential.com>
Subject: BUG #18017: configure --with-ldap fails when openldap is installed

Bug reference:      18017
Logged by:          Miriam Blume
Email address:      miriam.blume@prudential.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.3
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.8

./configure --prefix=/opt/PostgreSQL/postgresql-15.2 --with-openssl
--with-ldap

<snip>
checking for HMAC_CTX_new... yes
checking for HMAC_CTX_free... yes
checking for CRYPTO_lock... no
checking for ldap_bind in -lldap... no
configure: error: library 'ldap' is required for LDAP

we have:
openldap-2.4.46-18.el8.x86_64

Bug: it does not recognize the presence of openldap.

Note: yes I did not try 15.3. We have an approval process that makes
obtaining 15.3 not trivial. But 15.3 release notes do not mention ldap so I
expect bug to be in 15.3 too. Can anyone confirm issue please?