Re: Splitting queries across servers

От Max
Тема Re: Splitting queries across servers
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Actually winXP and win server 2003 do support AMD64, it's intel 64 that's
not supported yet.

> > What OS are you running on your quad opteron ?
>
> We are using the x86-64 build of Gentoo Linux and compiling our own
> copy of PG 8.0.

Thanks for reminding me that 64bit translates to: recompile everything you
need!

I think this is exactly the choice of configuration we are going to make.
Someone just reminded me that windows and linux come down to the same
performance, but that the real overhead is on maintenance. It's true that
linux implies less downtime, and you can always upgrade. On top of that,
there's more granularity control on linux.

Thanks for the info.

Max