Re: Packaging request MobilityDB

От Esteban Zimanyi
Тема Re: Packaging request MobilityDB
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 5:51 PM Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain@abcsql.com> wrote:
Le 07/06/2023 à 17:16, Esteban Zimanyi a écrit :
Dear Bradford

Many thanks for your work.

Seconded! and tks for MobilityDB too !

* We solved the stack smashing problem you found.
* We set the log_error_verbosity to terse for the tests and removed the special treatment of ERROR, CONTEXT, and WARNING that may vary across PostgreSQL and PostGIS versions.
* For the tests, we can easily switch to the settings 'PST8PDT' for the timezone and 'Postgres, MDY' for the date style if this is the general way to do things. We simply need to regenerate all tests and push them in a new commit. We just wonder if the same settings are equally valid for all other distributions. Please advise.

Yeah, 'PST8PDT' is the way to go for PostgreSQL test [1]

I believe it's valid for other distributions.

Apparently datestyle is not documented here, but pg_regress does:

     /*
      * Set timezone and datestyle for datetime-related tests
      */
     setenv("PGTZ", "PST8PDT", 1);
     setenv("PGDATESTYLE", "Postgres, MDY", 1);

see also [2] which might be useful as it mentions some corner cases for other systems.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/regress-evaluation.html#id-1.6.20.6.8

[2]: https://doxygen.postgresql.org/pg__regress_8c_source.html#l00702

---
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
https://Data-Bene.io
PostgreSQL: Expertise - Formation - Développement - Assistance Technique

Сообщение: Re: Packaging request MobilityDB
Сообщение: Re: Packaging request MobilityDB