Re: Assert failure on 'list_member_ptr(rel->joininfo, restrictinfo)'

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Assert failure on 'list_member_ptr(rel->joininfo, restrictinfo)'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Ashutosh!

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 3:28 PM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did some analysis of memory consumption by bitmapsets in such cases.
> [1] contains slides with the result of this analysis. The slides are
> crude and quite WIP. But they will give some idea.
>
> [1] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1S9BiAADhX-Fv9tDbx5R5Izq4blAofhZMhHcO1c-wzfI/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you for sharing your analysis.  I understand that usage of a
plain bitmap becomes a problem with a large number of partitions.  But
I wonder what does "post proposed fixes" mean?  Is it the fixes posted
in [1].  If so it's very surprising for me they are reducing the
memory footprint size.

Links.
1. https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAPpHfdtLgCryACcrmLv=Koq9rAB3=tr5y9D84dGgvUhSCvjzjg@mail.gmail.com

------