Re: pgsql: Adjust parallel_schedule with event triggers on authenticated lo

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: pgsql: Adjust parallel_schedule with event triggers on authenticated lo
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 1:48 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On 2023-Oct-27, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>
> > Adjust parallel_schedule with event triggers on authenticated login
> >
> > Event triggers on authenticated login could catch the connection of the
> > concurrent test.  In order to prevent this side effect we need to run
> > the event_trigger test alone.
>
> Hmm, not a fan, because the original lines of the event_trigger test,
> which had no problem running in parallel, no longer do so.  Why not
> split out only the new part of the test to run in non-parallel mode?
> An effortless win of ~50 ms.
>
> After this patch:
>
> ok 211       + stats                                     644 ms
> # parallel group (2 tests):  event_trigger oidjoins
> ok 212       + oidjoins                                  103 ms
> ok 213       + event_trigger                              57 ms
> ok 214       - event_trigger_login                        16 ms
> ok 215       - fast_default                               66 ms
> ok 216       - tablespace                                156 ms
> 1..216
> # All 216 tests passed.
>

> Before:
>
> ok 211       + stats                                     603 ms
> ok 212       - event_trigger                              66 ms
> ok 213       - oidjoins                                  113 ms
> ok 214       - fast_default                               71 ms
> ok 215       - tablespace                                161 ms
> 1..215
> # All 215 tests passed.

OK, I'm good with this.
Do you like me to push this?  Or do you like to push it yourself?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Adjust parallel_schedule with event triggers on authenticated lo
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Adjust parallel_schedule with event triggers on authenticated lo