Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 12:50 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> On 19.03.24 18:38, Kartyshov Ivan wrote:
> >               CALL pg_wait_lsn('0/3002AE8', 10000);
> >               BEGIN;
> >               SELECT * FROM tbl; // read fresh insertions
> >               COMMIT;
>
> I'm not endorsing this or any other approach, but I think the timeout
> parameter should be of type interval, not an integer with a unit that is
> hidden in the documentation.

I'm not sure a timeout needs to deal with complexity of our interval
datatype.  At the same time, the integer number of milliseconds looks
a bit weird.  Could the float8 number of seconds be an option?

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov