Re: Read data from Postgres table pages

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Read data from Postgres table pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 4:48 PM Sushrut Shivaswamy
<sushrut.shivaswamy@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we query the DB directly, is it possible to know which new rows have been added since the last query?
> Is there a change pump that can be latched onto?

Please, check this.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/logicaldecoding.html

> I’m assuming the page data structs are encapsulated in specific headers which can be used to list / read pages.
> Why would Postgres need to be stopped to read the data? The read / query path in Postgres would also be reading these
pageswhen the instance is running?

I think this would be a good point to start studying.
https://www.interdb.jp/
The information there should be more than enough to forget this idea forever :)

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov