Re: pgsql: Add support of multirange matching to the existing range GiST in

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: pgsql: Add support of multirange matching to the existing range GiST in
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 11:45 PM Alexander Korotkov
<akorotkov@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Add support of multirange matching to the existing range GiST indexes

I accidentally squash here a commit which implements GiST multirange
indexes.  That commit was intended to go separately with its own
commit message below.  Sorry for that.

>  Add GiST indexes for multiranges
>
> This commits adds a pretty trivial way for multirange indexing: approximate
> multirange as union range with no gaps.  New multiranges opclass shares the
> majority of functions with ranges opclass.
>
> This is not an ideal way to index multirages, but something we can easily have.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov