Re: Read data from Postgres table pages

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: Read data from Postgres table pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 4:23 PM Sushrut Shivaswamy
<sushrut.shivaswamy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a postgres export tool that reads data from table pages and exports it to an S3 bucket. I'd like
toavoid manual commands like pg_dump, I need access to the raw data.

> Can you please point me to the postgres source header / cc files that encapsulate this functionality?
>  - List all pages for a table
> - Read a given page for a table
>
> Any pointers to the relevant source code would be appreciated.

Why do you need to work on the source code level?
Please, check this about having a binary  copy of the database on the
filesystem level.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/backup-file.html

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov

От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Re: Table AM Interface Enhancements
От: stephane tachoires
Сообщение: Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands