[HACKERS] Is anything preventing us from allowing write to foreign tables from standby?

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема [HACKERS] Is anything preventing us from allowing write to foreign tables from standby?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

We're currently blocking writing queries on standby if even they are modifying contents of foreign tables.  But do we have serious reasons for that?
Keeping in the mind FDW-sharding, making FDW-tables writable from standby would be good to prevent single-master bottleneck.
I wrote simple patch enabling writing to foreign tables from standbys.  It works from the first glance for me.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company
Вложения