Re: Restoring 2 Tables From All Databases Backup

От Filip Rembiałkowski
Тема Re: Restoring 2 Tables From All Databases Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2011/10/6 Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@orkash.com>
Thanks to all, the problem is solved now.

But Still I donot know how to use existing data directory (near about 110GB) in a new Postgres Installation.
I ask this in the list yesterday but still no clue on this.
Please guide if it is possible.

You need to learn more about postgres server mechanics... especially initdb, pg_ctl, starting and stopping server and so on. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime.html, http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config-file-locations.html .

To use existing data directory in new installation, you can just stop the server, replace data_directory, and start the server. Remember about file permissions - data_directory must be owned by server process owner ("postgres") and chmod 700.

Filip