Re: Double types

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Double types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Hall, Samuel L (Sam)
<sam.hall@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> I have an application that writes an Excel Spreadsheet to postgres. For the values that go in number fields, I check
theExcel values for dbnull and set the parameters to 0, like this: cmd.Parameters(9).Value = 0. Npgsql throws an error
“formatspecifier was invalid” If I do this: cmd.Parameters(9).Value = convert.todouble(0) then it works fine.

> Visual Basic 2010, Postgres 9.1, npgsql 2.0.12.0
>
> Could somebody please explain this behavior?

It's a long time since I've used BASIC in any form, but I think a hash
suffix will make it a double; alternatively, put a decimal point in
it.

cmd.Parameters(9).Value = 0#
cmd.Parameters(9).Value = 0.0

I usually use 0.0 to represent a floating-point zero in most languages.

ChrisA

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: checkpoint_timeout and archive_timeout
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: foreign key from array element