Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?

От Chris Angelico
Тема Re: Performance question: Commit or rollback?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not believe there are performance penalties for either.  All
> commit or rollback does is determine visibility of changes made.

Thanks. (And thanks for the incredibly quick response!)

My framework has a "read-only mode" (determined by user-level access),
in which it begins a read-only transaction. At the end of it, I
currently have it rolling the transaction back (to make absolutely
sure that no changes will be made), but was concerned that this might
place unnecessary load on the system. I'll stick with rolling back,
since it's not going to hurt!

Chris Angelico